The student will be able to:
- produce and access materials for music instruction using digital tools
- evaluate music instructional technology in music classroom, studios and offices
- develop proposals for integrating current technology into music education
- identify the relationships of hardware and software components used in music instruction
- evaluate and select hardware and software for music instruction
- utilize computers and related technologies in instruction, assessment and professional productivity.
- develop skills with TaskStream teacher productivity/organizational online tools.
The students complete each assignment and are encouraged to compare the work of classmates to their own. At the end of each class I show each person’s work on the screen for the class to see. Students are motivated by the exposure of their work to the class. Students are encouraged to help each other and check the work of class members to elevate personal goals. Students share with class members methods and challenges at the end of class each week. See link to see documents and types of assessment.
I firmly believe that the increased access to technology will enhance not only the products during the course, but also the engagement and investment of the students in technology for music education.
Formative Assessments help students identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas that need work.
Graphic Organizers: Graphic organizers are visual models that can assist students in organizing information and communicating clearly and effectively. Students can use graphic organizers to structure their writing, brainstorm ideas, assist in decision making, clarify story structure, help with problem solving, and plan research. Source
Problem-Solution Chart: problem-solutionchart_000
Know-Want-Learned-Still Chart: kwlschart
Decision Making Chart: decisionmakingchart
Summative Assessments (or summative evaluation) refer to the assessment of participants where the focus is on the outcome of a program.
Checklist of Final Project: finalprojectchecklist
Peer ratings on Final Project – peerratings-fall2015