- Find a simple PDF of a tune you would like to teach.
- Print screen. Edit image.
- Open your blog. New post: Noteflight
- Insert your screen print.
- Go to Noteflight. Create a login. ____________ PW____________
- Make a one phrase example of your chosen piece.
- Save. Share. Insert the link into your post.
- Discuss in your post the advantages to your students of Noteflight over other known notation programs.
- Research listening maps.
- Find an example for elementary, middle school, and high school students.
- Take screenshots and write a sentence under each one with composer, title, and attractive/educational features.
Take an educational video of you or friends explaining a musical instrument or idea.
Example: instruments of the brass family. Vocal harmony. Crescendo & decrescendo. Etc.
ONE MINUTE LONG!
Add a text title to the beginning.
Add to your blog.
Way 1. Upload to YouTube and embed the video.
Way 2. E-mail video to yourself ( or message) and insert media using desktop computer.
Way 3. Upload to Facebook and embed using the URL.
ATU Jazz Band, Dr. Sean Reed
13 February 2017
Enter on the Padlet board your name under the apps you like and will use. Tap blank space to add a new app to the board. This is Padlet. A cloud-based service that is good for in-class opinions, votes, scheduling, etc. https://padlet.com/barber_harris/ylxzcdtqfer5
1. Apps for playing keyboard
2. Apps for guitar
3. Apps for drums
4. Apps for other instruments
5. Recording sound
Review at least one app for each of the above categories. Start a new post. Add each review and at least one screenshot. Add each name to Padlet.
Record yourself on at least one app and put on your blog for tonight. Write about it. Easy to learn? Good sound quality? Etc.
Put link to Padlet on your post, as well.
1. Share and show your jazz lesson.
2. Intro to all/some things iPad.
.2 Your iPad camera. To get high definition tap screen over face or on which you wish to focus and balance light.
Rule of thirds! Attend to lighting. Watch out for background and foreground (clutter or feature).
With a partner go out into the library and take one serious and one silly photo of each other. Put the photos of you on your About page.
3. Video of iPad features. https://atu.sharestream.net/ssdcms/ipublic.do?u=537fcf1dd393416
Watch to see how Keynote, Pages, and iMovie can be used. We will use Pages to create a ePub book and iMovie to create a recruiting trailer.
4. On your blog, take out all the place holders for text. On your About page put a sentence or two about yourself.
5. Student Learning Objectives:
Must have an action verb. LOOK AT TOP OF OUR PAGE FOR A LIST.
HOW WOULD you rewrite THIS?
“The students will understand and be able to recognize the unique timbre of Stanley Clarke and his music.”
The student will _______________________________________________________________.
6. CHECK YOUR INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES. NUMBERED LIST WORKS WELL.